Sunday, March 18, 2012

2 days until Utah

  Things are coming together. I finished my exams for the quarter, the storage unit is getting full, freezer is getting empty, apartment is getting empty. All is coming together. My job ended on Thursday, I said goodbyes, and was even given a great going away party.
   Its bitter sweet getting ready to leave on Tuesday. I will miss my apartment, the town of Helena, my coworkers, but most of all I will miss Lauren. I keep reminding both of us that we will be hiking together for 3+ months this summer, constant non-stop contact. Not sure if that makes it any better.
   I am also extremely excited. I have not done a long distance hike since 2007, on the Continental Divide Trail. I can't wait to feel completely free. The weights of the world will be left behind, my biggest worries will be about having enough food and water to get me by.
   I am also excited to see more of the wonderful southwest. I've been to the area before, but now it will be more real than ever, I will be out in the desert for 800 miles and hopefully once again slow my life down to 3 miles per hour. Find myself once again, in the middle of nowhere.
   A couple more days here, and much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment