Wednesday, October 3, 2012

9/25/12

    And just as easy as that, we entered Canada at 2:30 PM. Exactly 100 days after we had begun this hike in Kennedy Meadows, some 1800 miles ago. Words can not describe the feelings I have, so I won't even try. My one wish is that at least one person who read this journal will be inspired to follow their dreams, and enjoy the feelings that I am able to feel after completing a journey. It feels great to say, I can.
    I could not ask for a better partner for this trip. It took a lot of patience on her part, and mine as well. Hiking as a team is hard, hiking as a relationship is even harder. We shared the same tent almost every night for the last 3 months, and hiked together most days as well. It is not easy spending 24 hours a day with anyone. But we did it! I feel so lucky to have found someone who I love and whom I can share these amazing adventures with. I could not ask for more in a girlfriend, hiking partner, and friend. Thank you Lauren/Grolar Bear =).
   By tomorrow night we will be back in Montana, over 600 miles away. Feelings of achievement, happiness, sadness, and a little drunk. Time to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Hiking is a nice outdoor activity which involves of walking in natural atmospheres, often in hilly or other scenic land. Best time of Hiking is Summer Hiking time.

    ReplyDelete