Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 2, 2012

Yesterday took its toll on me. The sun wiped me out. We started early, nonetheless. Hiking by 7. Kanab canyon was beautiful. It was also exhausting, we walked through the creek, navigating around boulders. One pool I walked through was high on my chest. The water was really warm, as it is hit by the sun much of the day.
 I honestly was not feeling the hiking today. It was such slow going, and I am tired and hungry. My hiker appetite is here but I am low on food! Maybe it is the perfect amount, but it doesn’t allow me to gorge like I would like to.
 We are now in a 37 mile waterless stretch. We have 23 miles left to water, and both of us have about 5 liters. It will be easy hiking though. With any luck it won’t be a problem.
 I must say this trail challenges a person in every way possible. Both mentally and physically, it tries hard to get the best of you. Food and water are always on my mind. Its a good thing this trail is so darned pretty, or I would be gone a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment