Thursday, June 21, 2012

6/16/12

Slept so well in the tent. Nice and warm with a cool breeze blowing all night. It feels good to be out again. Woke up early and enjoyed listening to the birds sing around the tent. At six, I finally woke up Lauren, and we were hiking by seven AM.
  Nice and cool morning as we worked our way up into the mountains. We walked past several hikers camped out. Actually felt like we got an early start. We passed a spot that I remembered being snow packed in 2006, nothing but dust now. This is going to be a totally different experience than 2006. Will our feet ever get wet I wonder?
  We took a nice break at a creek with Chameleon and Gut Feeling. Then on to Death Canyon and some nasty water.
  We ended up hiking another 6 miles after that for a total of 18 today. It honestly wore me out. I must be carrying 60 pounds now. I am a bit worried about Laurens feet, hope they continue to be ok.. We are camped with a big group, probably 12 of us. Good to be with hikers.

No comments:

Post a Comment