Thursday, September 27, 2012

9/15/12

     The slope we slept on was less than stellar, but I still slept great. We hiked separately on the seven mile hike to Steven's Pass. I felt great on the hike and made great time.
   I passed several very friendly day hikers going the other way. They all talked to me about the hike and one even gave me a package of M&Ms. I found a cooler of trail magic at the pass too.
   We hitched with Whodeeknee and Party Tent into the Dinsmore's. They are trail angels that offer a place to stay, rest, and shower. Andrea Dinsmore even washes everyone's clothes. The general store across the street has amazing food. The owner, Steve offered the hikers here a $12 pork chop dinner. So we enjoyed it. I was a little worried I would not get full, but he gave us unlimited corn on the cob, green beans, and mashed potatoes, along with 2 large pork chops. It was amazing!
    One of the best parts of the day was running into our old friend, Gut Feeling. She is super fun and very friendly. Lots of other hikers here, lots of good company. We will take an early ride back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment