Thursday, September 27, 2012

9/16/12

  Compromise. I think its how we have hiked this far together. Its not easy hiking together, living, and being together 24 hours a day for 100 days. Even when we hike big parts of the day alone, we still cook dinner, camp, and wake up together every morning.
    I love hiking with Lauren, but our hiking styles are very different. Mine is in fact very different from most. When I hike by myself, I hike all day. I start very early and hike very late. I see a mountain in front of me, I climb it. I see a creek or river, and I hike right through it. I take few breaks but when I break I eat a lot and then hike on. It is sick the way I push myself. Not sure what drives me to do this, but its what I do.
   I suppose not hiking my way has its benefits. The biggest being I have had no injuries this summer (knock on wood). I only suffered 2 little blisters around Mt Hood that went away after a few days. I have also had more time in camp and am one of the few hikers who never loses weight onn a 2000 mile hike!
   Today we stopped at 430. 18 miles. Not bad, just thought we should do more. The weather is good, we feel good, and a good campsite was only 4 miles away. Compromise, its the only way this will work...

No comments:

Post a Comment