Sunday, August 26, 2012

8/22/12

    Coldest night so far on the trail. It was cold enough to put frost on most of the plants that surrounded our tent. Its getting harder to wake up early and even harder to get out of the tent in the morning.
  The trail was easy walking all day. I have my first annoying blister of the trail right now. Popped it three times today. Its in between my big toe and pointer toe. I call it my 6th toe. Its not huge, but so annoying. Funny, after 1300 miles of this trail this year, and this is when the blisters come.
   Though I did not have much trouble hiking 27 miles today, it may be extremely difficult for me to hike my planned 50 mile day on Friday. I will still probably try. And with any luck, my foot will be healed tomorrow. We are only hiking 14 tomorrow to Timberline Lodge. Maybe a little beyond, but not much.
   Walking around Timothy Lake was a highlight for me today. It has crystal blue water. Many people were out enjoying the lake and its shores. I could smell Tide laundry detergent on a few people. Really reminded me how dirty I must be.
   We saw only two other hikers all day. Both were older women. I think this fire really spread out an already very spread out group of hikers. We often wonder about all the hikers we have met along the way. Where are they? We will hopefully see some of them in Cascade Locks as we will take off 3 days or more. I am looking forward to it.
    It is now 8:15 pm. I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment