Friday, April 6, 2012

April 1, 2012

This route never seizes to amaze me. Last night we slept in Poison Spring Canyon at around 4000 feet. Tonight we are at about 7500 feet in the Henry Mountains. Its snowing and I am happy to be surrounded by down in my sleeping bag.
   Last night the wind howled through our camp and coated everything with sand. It was so bad at one point that I had to put my hat over my face to keep from getting my eyes sandblasted.
   The views up into the Henry Mountains were nothing shy of  incredible. We could see the vastly laid out Colorado plateau, and the snow of the mountains we were about to enter.
   Took a nap along a stream and in a grove of aspen. This is the life, so relaxing.
   We took the lower elevation alternate route as we could see this storm building. Right now I am extremely happy to be  camped at 7500 instead of 10,000! Tomorrow we head back down to 5000 or so. Going to be a cold night!

No comments:

Post a Comment