Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 6, 2012

Blue skies filled the sky this morning. The view from my tent was amazing, I had a clear view down Coyote Gulch to Stevens Natural Bridge, a brilliant large arch, red sandstone surrounding me. It was  beautiful. The morning was cold, a stiff breeze blowing. Hard to get moving.
  I did get going soon though, through Coyote Gulch. It is a beautiful place, though far too many people feel the same way. There were at least 10 more camps that I passed on the way up the canyon. Some groups had 4 tents or more. I was honestly overwhelmed by the number of people I encountered.
  I got to the road at noon. Really good timing. I then began waiting for a ride. No cars seemed to travel the road. I waited 15 minutes before the first car came. It was an old suburban. It stopped! It was a man named Mark who runs an outfitter in Escalante. He gave me a ride the 40 miles to town. He is a packrafter and we talked a lot about cattle. The suburban rattled along and we made it to town pretty quickly, 40 miles of dirt road.
   In town I began looking for d=rt. I found him at a hotel and his foot is getting better. We plan on taking a day off tomorrow. So far I ate a 16 inch pizza, a large cupcake, and a couple beers. First shower in 2 weeks. Life is good. I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment