Friday, April 27, 2012

April 23, 2012

Last night was one of the worst of my life. I ate an Indonesian pasta dish for dinner. My belly felt full and happy. As soon as I lay down in my tent, I began farting, a lot! It was about an hour before that turned into diarrhea, and another hour before I started vomiting as well. It was nearly every hour, and I felt weaker after every episode.
    This morning me and d=rt talked about our options. The permit in the Grand Canyon would not let us stay idle, since we had to camp in the park tomorrow. So we decided to change our route and hitchhike to the North Rim, where we would take a road to Nankoweap Creek trailhead.
   I could not walk more than a half mile without needing a break. So we hitched. Eventually got a ride from an accountant for the park. He drove us to the road where we met a girl who is hiking the Arizona Trail. We took a break there and chatted with her. Eventually we hiked to a firetower. Camping below it. I think we hiked 3 miles today, it wore me out. I have spent the afternoon napping and trying to drink water. Hoping that I feel strong enough for a 18 mile day tomorrow. Wow I hate being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment