Friday, April 20, 2012

April 19, 2012

We made it into town yesterday morning after a short 3 mile hike and a pretty quick hitch, 29 miles to Kanab, which is called Utah's little Hollywood. It is a great town to spend a couple days off the trail. We are still pretty far ahead on our Grand Canyon permit. So a zero mileage day in town for my birthday seemed okay.
  I woke up this morning at about 5 am. I decided that I should go for a run up the nearest trail, so I did. First run in about a month. It felt great too! I have decided not to run the Zion 50 mile race, instead I would like to get right on back to Montana and run the Prickly Pear 30k in Helena. Its a lot shorter than 50 miles, and less likely to result in an injury before the PCT in June!
  The run up the mountain felt great. The birds around here are amazing, full of color and they sing long before the sun comes up. The sunrise was great, and after a 6 mile run I was hungry. D=rt finally woke up and we got breakfast here at the Parry Hotel. The all you can eat buffet was amazing, and even now at 3 PM I am not really hungry yet.
  Considering another run. D=rt thinks I am crazy for working out on a town day, but it does feel good to me.
  Not a bad place to spend my birthday, I have received so many great birthday wishes too. It’s been a great day. Can’t wait to get back on the trail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment