Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 13, 2012

Snow has been falling nearly all day here in Tropic. It has not stuck to the ground though, and the ground doesn’t even appear damp after the snow showers. Its frustrating to sit in a hotel all day, but what can a person do?
  Everyone is extremely friendly in this town. The postmaster in particular. She talked with me a bunch about the trail and flagged me down when she found a letter for me from Lauren. The guys at the hardware store were friendly as well. We asked them what to do in this town and they replied "drink beer". I asked if you can buy anything but %3.2 beer, and they said "not in this town, just gotta drink a lot". I have occupied my time with cleaning my gear and catching up on email and television.
   With another 80% chance of snow tomorrow, we are going to stay another night. I have new shoes now though, as well as treats from my family and Lauren. Tomorrow may be a good day to run in the snow. If I am going to run the Zion 50 miler May 12th, it may be time to see if I can still run.

No comments:

Post a Comment