Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 10, 2012

This section has not been the most scenic. Kinda drab in a lot of places. The views have not been of the world class scenery we have gotten used to. It still has its beauty though. The nearly brainless act of walking up Last Chance Creek has given me the chance to think a lot. Thinking about life, what I want to do when I grow up, and why do I love hiking so much? I really have no answers to these questions, other than the fact that I love hiking and that I want to do something that I love or at the least, enjoy for work.
  We made it to water at about one. The creek is very alkaline, but full of life, so it cant be too bad. We are both treating it though, as there is a strong presence of cows. This evening we both started feeling a little ill. We both think its the amount of chlorine we have drank lately, in particularly today. We use chlorine tablets to treat our water. Hope we are back to 100% tomorrow. For now, we both have grumbly stomachs.
  The sun took its toll on me today as well. Every single day it seems to get super intense in the afternoon. Most days we hike through it. Other days we take a siesta in the shade somewhere. It is exhausting just to be in the sun all day, but I am thankful its not hotter. I will take the 80s over the 90s any day. That goes for music as well!
  I am exhausted now. Hope to feel better tomorrow. We pumped out 24 miles today. Still have 80 to go to Tropic. There is a picnic shelter and outhouse coming up. We are both very excited for it. Funny how excited we get about those 2 little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment