Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 7, 2012


Escalante has been a great place to spend a day off the trail. The sleepy town has a population of 700. The wind calmed down today, and as we walked around town, everyone seemed to know who we were. We were kind of celebrities of the little town. There are 2 great outfitters in this town, both very friendly and helpful for us hiker types.
   I resupplied at the grocery store, a bit pricey, but they had everything to make any thru-hiker happy. Even have some produce.
   I mailed off 20 coyote scat samples to Stony Brook University, carried some of them for over two weeks. Also bought more bags for collecting samples.
   I was able to spend some quality time talking to my family and wonderful girlfriend. She has been posting these journal entries, and supporting me on this trip, kinda my basecamp.
   Forecast looks great, 70s and sunny, not much wind for the next few days. We are going into some sweet canyons, very excited to get out there again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment